Back to blog
Getting to Depot Mayfield
Getting to Depot Mayfield
Depot Mayfield is in the heart of Manchester and is located on the rooftop of Depot Mayfield, Travis Street, Manchester, M1 2PY.
Tram services run frequently throughout the day with plenty of services calling at Piccadilly - you can check the first and last trams from this stop on TfGM’s tram schedule webpage.
Travel on the Free bus 1 service, which will drop you off just outside Piccadilly rail station and is a two-minute walk from the venue.
Alternatively, the following commercial bus services will bring you closest to Depot Mayfield –
- 147 (https://tfgm.com/public-transport/bus/routes/147-west-didsbury)
- 192 (https://tfgm.com/public-transport/bus/routes/192-hazel-grove)
- 201 (https://tfgm.com/public-transport/bus/routes/201-hattersley)
- 202 (https://tfgm.com/public-transport/bus/routes/202-manchester-city-centre)
- 203 (https://tfgm.com/public-transport/bus/routes/203-manchester-city-centre)
- 205 (https://tfgm.com/public-transport/bus/routes/205-manchester-city-centre)
- 219 (https://tfgm.com/public-transport/bus/routes/219-stalybridge)
- 221 (https://tfgm.com/public-transport/bus/routes/221-broadbent-fold)
Depot Mayfield is located across the road from Manchester Piccadilly Station, which is well-served by trains, connecting the venue to all corners of the north.
Along with Manchester Piccadilly, the nearest railway stations to the venue are below.
- Manchester Victoria (20-minute walk)
- Manchester Oxford Road (15-minute walk)
- Deansgate (20-minute walk)
Remember to plan your journey in advance of your trip by checking with your operator or on the National Rail website.
Depot Mayfield is easily accessible from the Inner Ring Road, connecting the city centre will all major routes. For satnavs, you can use the postcode M1 2PY.
There is no on-site car parking however, car parks are located on Baring Street and Buxton Street.
Parking at a Park and Ride site is a good way to use the tram and avoid road congestion in the city centre. You can find the latest departures by typing the name of your stop into TfGM’s live updates search.
Cycling and Walking
Greater Manchester now offers the option to hire bikes. Through the Beryl app, you can locate and unlock your bike, get from A to B, then safely lock your hired bike up again - easy! To find out more about Manchester's cycle hire scheme that operates in the Salford Quays area, visit TfGM’s dedicated cycle hire information.
Depot Mayfield is only a two-minute walk from Manchester Piccadilly Station and in Manchester city centre – a perfect opportunity to have a short walk to get from A to B.
Visit the Bee Active website to take a look at the area around Depot Mayfield. This includes tram stops for those that would like to combine walking with Metrolink travel. Just type the postcode 'M1 2PY' for the venue, so that you may consider making a change to your travel habits.